More Ways To Support
- Satisfaction of providing a future gift while retaining control of your assets during your lifetime.
- A charitable receipt to your estate.
- Reduction or elimination of estate taxes through careful planning.
- An opportunity to honour or memorialize a loved one or yourself by establishing a named endowment fund.
If you would like to remember Food for Learning in your will, some sample wording you may wish to use is: Residual Gift In Your Will “My estate trustees shall pay_______% of the residue of my estate to Food for Learning, c/o The Hastings and Prince Edward Learning Foundation, Belleville, ON, for the purpose of supporting Food for Learning student nutrition programs in Hastings and Prince Edward counties.” Specific Gift In Your Will “My estate trustees shall pay the sum of $______ (or transfer assets with an equal value) to Food for Learning, c/o The Hastings and Prince Edward Learning Foundation, Belleville, ON, for the purpose of supporting Food for Learning student nutrition programs in Hastings and Prince Edward counties.” Leaving a gift in your will is simple: Speak to your lawyer about drafting or revising your will or adding a codicil. Letting us know that you have made a bequest allows us the opportunity to thank you today and ensure that your gift can accomplish what you would like it to. Gifts of Securities Donate appreciated stocks, bonds, mutual funds, flow-through shares or stock options and take advantage of tax benefits. Gifts of Life Insurance Use an existing policy or create a new policy to make a donation. Gift of RRSP/RRIF Funds Make a gift to Food for Learning, c/o The Learning Foundation by changing the beneficiary information on your RRSP or RRIF. Endowment Funds A charitable investment fund, where a donation is permanently invested and the income supports Food for Learning each year. Donating a gift of appreciated securities, life insurance, RRSP/RRIF funds, or endowment funds is simple.
- Determine with your financial and/or legal advisor which investment mill make the most philanthropic and financial impact.
- Contact us and let us know you have made your gift.
For more information about making a gift to Food for Learning, please contact: The Executive Director of The Learning Foundation at 613-966-1170 ext. 2205.